Google Ad Grant Update
Google Grant Updates for SMBs
$800+ Million in Google Grant Money Available
Rocket Media is committed to helping businesses navigate the process for the Google Grant opportunity. The following information has been recorded to keep you updated. To receive email updates, please enter your information in the signup form.
The following FAQ's were released by Google. You can view the posting on Google's website.
What are you doing to help SMBs?
In addition to providing $340 million in ad credits, we’ve also set up a fund that will support NGOs and financial institutions around the world to help provide small businesses with access to capital. This is in addition to the $15 million in cash grants Google.org is already providing to nonprofits to help bridge these gaps for SMBs. We’re also providing $20 million in ad grants to community financial institutions specifically to run public service announcements on relief funds and other resources for SMBs.
Why is Google offering ad credits to small and medium businesses?
Small and medium-sized businesses are the backbone of our communities. They represent about 90 percent of all businesses and more than half of employment worldwide, according to the World Bank. COVID-19 has posed a particular challenge to these businesses, who may be facing closures and declining revenue even as they find ways to support and protect their employees. Through ad credits, we hope to alleviate some of the cost to stay in touch with their customers.
Who is eligible for the ad credits?
The ad credits will be available to small and medium businesses, who advertise directly with us or through partners, around the world with active accounts since the beginning of 2019. Credits will be provided to SMB advertisers that have been active advertisers since Jan 1, 2019 and comply with all Google Ads T&Cs.
How and when will eligible customers receive the ad credits?
Small and medium businesses worldwide that have been active advertisers since the beginning of 2019 will be informed in the coming months through notifications within their Google Ads account.
How long are the ad credits valid for?
This Google Ads credit can be used at any point throughout the year and will expire on 31st Dec 2020. Any unused portion will be removed from Google Ads accounts.
Will the ad credit work across all of Google’s channels (e.g., Search, YouTube, Display, etc.)?
Yes. These ad credits will be applicable across the Google Ads platform including Search, Display, and YouTube as well as all campaign types.
How can I find out if I’m receiving ad credits?
Advertisers receiving ad credits will be notified in the coming months. We are in the process of building these specialized credits into Google Ads accounts, therefore notifications will not show immediately. We appreciate your patience.
More insights were provided regarding the program.
- Advertising Credit: Eligible customers will receive a one-time advertising credit. These credits are meant to offset upcoming advertising costs with Google.
- Eligibility: The ad credit will go to SMBs in every country where Google Ads is available, focusing on customers with existing relationships and have been working with Google for at least a year. If eligible, you will be informed through an in-product notification with the credit amount.
- Timing: Credits will be made available to eligible customers in phases beginning in late Q2 and can be used to offset future advertising with Google until the end of 2020.
As of Friday, March 27th, Google announced it is providing over $800 million in grant money to help support the SMB community nationwide in response to COVID-19.
Rocket Media is here to help companies secure these Google Grants as quickly as possible to ensure their operations stay up and running during this time.
If you’re not already a Rocket Media client, start the process to allow us to help your business.
Google is dispersing the $800+ Million in Google Ads Grants, here’s the breakdown.
- $340 million in Google Ads credits available to ALL small and mid-sized businesses with active accounts in the past year.
- $250 million in ad grants for the World Health Organization (WHO) & hundreds of government agencies
- $200 million in support for NGOs and financial institutions that are needed to provide access to capital for small businesses.
- $15 million in cash grants for Non-Profit Organizations from Google.org
- $20 million in Google Cloud credits for academic institutions and researchers
- PLUS: Google is also providing additional direct financial support for manufacturers of products and services that are critical to the nation during this time.
As outlined in Google’s announcement, these credits will be made available to eligible customers in phases beginning in late Q2 and can be used to offset future advertising with Google until the end of 2020.
Google has not yet released any additional information regarding how to apply, exact dates or how much per account will be distributed. From what we can tell, the process will be automated through the Ads UI system but when and if things change, we will be sure to let you know.
Need help navigating these tough times?
Rocket Media can help.
We realize that a push for marketing in the midst of these hard times might seem inappropriate but the reality is that nothing gets better if we standstill. Now, more than ever, it’s important to be smart with your marketing—but we know that will look different for every company.
Whether you’re an existing client or not, we can help you develop a marketing strategy that aligns with your company’s budget and competitor landscape.
We hope your teams stay strong and healthy. We’re here to help in any way we can.