3 Signs It’s Time to Redesign Your Company’s Website
Deciding whether or not it’s time to redesign your company’s website is a really huge (and scary) decision.
I understand when companies have hesitations about redesigning their websites. But I also know there are certain aspects of your website that can be hurting your company and can’t be ignored.
Here are 3 signs it’s time your website is ready for an update.
Your website is not compatible on mobile devices
We’ve talked a lot on our blog about responsive design and why having a website that is compatible on all devices is important.
By now you probably know what responsive design is: your website will be easily to view on all devices.
But what are the repercussions of not having a mobile-friendly website?
Here are a few things that could happen:
- You could be losing customers: It can be really frustrating for a customer on a mobile phone to view a non-mobile website.
- It’s hard to see things and find what they’re looking for. And even worse, a study by Google showed that 61% of people they surveyed will leave a website if it doesn’t display well on their phone.
- Your SEO could be suffering: Google has made it clear that having a mobile-friendly website is important. But what you may not realize is that you could be penalized for not having a mobile-friendly website.
- Google wants users to have the best experience possible. So if your website isn’t providing a great experience for your users, your website could get penalized in search results.
- Your company’s reputation could be damaged: Almost everybody has a smartphone these days. And most people expect for websites to work well on their phones.If a site doesn’t display well on a customer’s phone, they’re more likely to be frustrated with the brand and less likely to work with the company in the future.
Your website does not have a CMS
Unless you have an in-house web developer, there’s a good chance the person maintaining your website isn’t trained in how to edit code and can’t tell you the difference between HTML, CSS and PHP.
Having a website that’s easy to update is important to keeping the information on your website accurate and fresh. That’s where a content management system (CMS) comes in.
There are many benefits to having a CMS. It allows you to easily add new pages, blog articles and edit existing website content. It will ultimately save you time and money, especially if you’re constantly having to reach out to a developer for help.
Your website doesn’t accurately reflect your brand
When a new client comes to us, the first thing we do is look at their current website. Many times, the website doesn’t reflect what the company is trying to get across to their customers.
Sometimes a company has updated their branding (logo, colors, etc.) and there is no longer consistency between their brand offline and online. Other times the website is just dated or missing vital pieces like information about their services or what makes the company unique.
Your website is one of the first places a customer will look before deciding to work with you and it should accurately reflect your brand and what you’re trying to let your customers know about you.
Is it time for a redesign?
If any of these signs struck a chord with you, it’s definitely time to consider a redesign for your website.
A website redesign is not cheap and takes a lot of patience, but the benefits of having a really great website far outweigh the time and cost.
Ready to take the leap? Start with your goals. Having a website that matches your goals is the only way it will be successful.