Is Your Business Listed on the Second Most Popular Search Engine?
Why Should You Care?The popularity of watching video on the web has taken off in recent years. In March 2011, Americans watched over 5.7 billion online videos and averaged 14.8 hours per viewer. That’s over 75,000 years of total online video in one month! Internet users continue to gobble up video at an ever-increasing rate. Here are several ways having an online video presence helps your business.
Benefits of Utilizing Web Video
- Increase purchase amounts – Online video viewers purchase 13% more than the average online consumer. Those viewing videos have been proven to purchase more products and services.
- Increase conversion – Websites with video convert 30% more visitors than sites without video. The visual aspect of video allows visitors to get a better idea of a product or service and make more informed decisions.
- Increase reach – By creating and submitting video to Youtube, you are populating another powerful search engine with your brand. Websites with video are now more likely to land on the front page of Google as well.
- Reduce bounce rate – Videos engage visitors while showing them the visual and audio information they are looking for. Instead of scanning a page and leaving, your viewers are interacting with your online video content.
- Less competition – A Google search of “furnace filter” returns 2.8 million results compared to Youtube’s 1,140. And Youtube’s search bar is the second most popular search engine! Certainly being on the first page of 1,140 is easier than being on the first page of 2.8 million.
- Integrates with other platforms – Videos and photos are the most interacted with on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter and Google+. By using videos in these platforms you can increase engagement with your customers.
- Cross-platform compatible – A recent study by Google shows almost half of smartphone users watch videos on their phone. By simply having a video channel on Youtube or other video sites, you can engage mobile and desktop visitors alike.
Don’t get left behind! Contact Rocket Media today to find out how we can help you stay ahead of the competition, increase your sales and grow your business. comments powered by Disqus